Teladoc Behavioral Health is an easy-to-use, convenient option that offers video conferencing with a licensed health provider, including psychiatrists, psychologists, and counselors, who can provide both therapy and medication management.
- When to Use the Program: Teladoc’s licensed therapists, who are available 7 days a week, can help with stress and anxiety, relationship and family issues, emotional difficulties, work pressures, grieving issues, and trauma resolution. Participants choose the therapist, pick a convenient time, talk from the privacy of one’s home, and arrange to speak with the same provider throughout the course of care.
- Eligibility: Participants and/or dependents must be enrolled in a Princeton medical plan to access this service. Participants must be 18 or over.
- Program Cost: Visits are covered at the same cost as in-network in-person mental health visits. Individuals enrolled in the PHP or HMO pay the specialist copay. Individuals enrolled in the CDHP or J-1 Visa Plan pay the coinsurance after meeting the annual deductible.
- Accessing the Program: To register for this service, go to the Teladoc website , download the Teladoc app, or call (855) 835-2362.
In addition to the Teladoc Behavioral Health, Aetna and UnitedHealthcare offer their own telemental health services. To schedule an appointment for this service with:
- Aetna (referred to as Televideo): Call Impathy, the in-network provider, at (800) 442-8938. Residents outside of New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania should call (800) 535-6689.
- UHC: Register on UHC’s website. Then click on Find a Doctor > Mental Health Directory > People > Provider Type > and Telemental Health Provider. Visits are covered at the same cost as in-network mental health visits under the Princeton medical plan.