In preparation for the launch of the new HR website, HR staff members reviewed and refreshed the HR Policy and Procedures Manual and landing page. Noteworthy changes are:
- Policy manual located in the secured MyHR section of the website
- New sections on the landing page, including HR policies, University Policies, Workplace Notices, Collective Bargaining Agreements, Policy Updates, and Other Policies
- Clear delineation of applicability, executive responsibility, and office responsibility
- Consistent template format with content reorganized in sections, including Policy Description, Definitions, Application of the Policy, Roles and Responsibilities, Procedures, etc.
- Improved navigation to related policies within the manual and to forms and external content
- Updated policy numbers
Specific policies that were reformatted and/or updated are:
- 1.1.1 Introduction: Revised to clarify the purpose of the manual
- 1.1.3 Responsibility of Employees: Updated, revised, and retitled previous policy “Adherence to University Policy”
- 1.1.4 Responsibility of Supervisors: Combined five separate but related policies into one that describes supervisory responsibilities
- 1.1.5 Grievance and Fairness Review Policy: Combined two documents into one
- 5.1.3 Crediting of University Service: Moved to the Conditions of Employment section from the Benefits Section
- 5.3.5 Hiring Members of the Same Family or Household: Moved to the Conflict of Interest section from the Employment section
Policy pages also have a print and email feature.
Individuals who have questions should refer to the Contacts listed in each policy.