The Princeton University child care benefit is available to help you and your family balance work and home life, as well as to contribute to your child’s educational and social development.
The application for the FY2024 Employee Child Care Assistance Program (ECCAP) is now open.
Below are the highlights of the program:
- Full award amounts are available for up to three pre-kindergarten aged children at any single time.
- Adjusted gross household income (AGI) must not exceed $150,000.
- Pre-tax retirement contributions made in the prior year will be added to the employee's AGI when calculating award amounts.
Award amounts granted are annual and effective July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024.
|Household Income (AGI)||1st Child Receives||2nd Child Receives||3rd Child Receives|
|$80,000 and under||$6,500||$6,500||$6,500|
|$80,001 – $90,000||$5,500||$5,500||$5,500|
|$90,001 – $95,000||$4,500||$4,500||$4,500|
|$95,001 – $100,000||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500|
|$100,001 – $110,000||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|$110,001 – $150,000||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
To complete the online ECCAP application, go to HR Self Service, click Benefit Details, select Child Care Assistance, then Start New 2023–2024 Application.
During the process you will need to upload the following required documents before you submit your application:
- Your 2022 IRS 1040 tax return. If you and your spouse/co-applicant do not file jointly, please upload their 1040 tax return also.
- Your 2022 W2. If married, please upload spouse’s 2022 W2.
- If available, provide proof of child care for June or July 2023 when submitting the application. If proof of child care is not available, you can still apply for the award, and send proof of child care when it becomes available.
If your child will be attending kindergarten in the fall of 2023, you will be eligible for a two-month award for July and August 2023 only. Please check the box “child in kindergarten in the fall.”
Applications are due by June 2, 2023.
If you were approved for an award in FY2023 and have not received reimbursements, please send in proof of child care by July 1, 2023, to [email protected].
For additional information on the program, visit our website.