The Basic Option Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plan provides in and out-of-network coverage. Costs are less if participants use providers in the plan’s network. Individuals can access out-of-network providers without a referral for an additional cost.
- Lowest contribution cost offered
- Preventive and diagnostic services, e.g., examinations, visits, x-rays, cleanings, covered in-network at 100% before deductible
- Basic services, e.g. amalgam fillings and uncomplicated extractions, covered at 50% of the in-network charge
- Major services, e.g., crowns and implants, are not covered
- Orthodontia not covered
- Members pay the full cost of the premium for dental coverage
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.