The Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) is a qualified high-deductible plan that provides health coverage and allows individuals to contribute pretax to a health savings account. The Princeton CDHP is integrated with the Prescription Drug Plan.
- Lowest employee contribution rate offered.
- Aetna Choice POS II (open access) Network.
- In-network preventive services e.g. annual exams, colonoscopies, and mammograms covered at 100%.
- Prescriptions for certain chronic conditions are covered before deductible.
- After the annual deductibles are met, coverage begins for all other medical services and prescriptions.
- Once the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs) are reached, services are covered at 100%.
- In-network preferred providers deliver services at the lowest cost followed by in-network non-preferred and out-of-network providers. All out-of-network costs are subject to reasonable and customary limits.
- Primary care physician (PCP) is not required but is highly recommended and does not introduce referral requirements.
- Referral not required to see a specialist.
To minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.