The Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan limits coverage to care from in-network doctors. These types of plans provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness by requiring that a primary care physician (PCP) be selected and referrals be required for visits to a specialist. The Princeton HMO Plan includes the Prescription Drug Plan.
- Employee contributions are based on annual salary.
- Aetna HMO in-network providers only.
- In-network preventive services e.g. annual exams, colonoscopies, and mammograms, are covered at 100%.
- No annual deductibles; coverage begins immediately for all medical services.
- Once the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs) are reached, services are covered at 100%.
- A primary care physician (PCP) must be selected from the provider network.
- A referral is required to see a specialist.
To minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.