The J-1 Visa Plan is a point-of-service plan where costs are less if covered individuals use providers in the plan’s network whereas accessing doctors, hospitals, and providers outside the network can be accessed without a referral for an additional cost. The J-1 Visa Plan includes the Prescription Drug Plan.
- No contribution for employee-only coverage.
- Aetna Open Choice PPO Network.
- After meeting the annual deductibles, coverage begins for all other medical services.
- After reaching the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs), services are covered at 100%.
- In-network providers deliver coverage at the lowest cost. All out-of-network costs are subject to reasonable and customary limits.
- A claim form must be submitted to be reimbursed for out-of-network expenses.
To minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.