During the COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the Benefits Updates webpage for relevant information.
The Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) is a qualified high-deductible plan that provides health coverage and allows individuals to contribute pretax to a health savings account. The Princeton CDHP is integrated with the Prescription Drug Plan.
- Lowest employee contribution rate offered.
- Aetna Choice POS II (open access) Network.
- In-network preventive services e.g. annual exams, colonoscopies, and mammograms covered at 100%.
- Prescriptions for certain chronic conditions are covered before deductible.
- After the annual deductibles are met, coverage begins for all other medical services and prescriptions.
- Once the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs) are reached, services are covered at 100%.
- In-network preferred providers deliver services at the lowest cost followed by in-network non-preferred and out-of-network providers. All out-of-network costs are subject to reasonable and customary limits.
- Primary care physician (PCP) is not required but is highly recommended and does not introduce referral requirements.
- Referral not required to see a specialist.
To maximize benefits and minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
- Preferred Providers and Laboratories
- Independent Radiology Centers and Independent Facilities for Outpatient Services
- Urgent Care Centers
- Health Advocate
- My Health Coach
- Best Doctors
- Aetna’s Mobile App
- Centers for Excellence and Institutes of Quality
- Fertility & Family-Planning Benefits (Kindbody)
Mental Health Services
- Teladoc Behavioral Health
- Behavioral Health Navigator by Best Doctors
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by Carebridge
- Inpathy, Aetna's in-network telemental health services provider (also known as Televideo): Call (800) 442-8938. Residents outside of New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania should call (800) 535-6689. Visits are covered at the same cost as in-network mental health visits under the Princeton medical plan.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.