During the COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the Benefits Updates webpage for relevant information.
The J-1 Visa Plan is a point-of-service plan where costs are less if covered individuals use providers in the plan’s network whereas accessing doctors, hospitals, and providers outside the network can be accessed without a referral for an additional cost. The J-1 Visa Plan includes the Prescription Drug Plan.
- No contribution for employee-only coverage.
- Aetna Open Choice PPO Network.
- After meeting the annual deductibles, coverage begins for all other medical services.
- After reaching the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs), services are covered at 100%.
- In-network providers deliver coverage at the lowest cost. Out-of-network reimbursements are limited; rates are determined by our insurance carriers using data provided by Medicare. Review the Summary Plan Description for additional information.
- A claim form must be submitted to be reimbursed for out-of-network expenses.
To maximize benefits and minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
- Preferred Labs and Specialists
- Independent Radiology Centers and Independent Facilities for Outpatient Services
- Urgent Care Centers
- Health Advocate
- My Health Coach
- Teladoc Medical Experts
- Aetna’s Mobile App
- Centers for Excellence and Institutes of Quality
- Fertility & Family-Planning Benefits (Kindbody)
Mental Health Services
- Teladoc Behavioral Health
- Teladoc Medical Experts Mental Health Navigator
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by Carebridge
- Inpathy, Aetna's in-network telemental health services provider (also known as Televideo): Call (800) 442-8938. Residents outside of New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania should call (800) 535-6689. Visits are covered at the same cost as in-network mental health visits under the Princeton medical plan.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.