During the COVID-19 pandemic, refer to the Benefits Updates webpage for relevant information.
The Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) Plan limits coverage to care from in-network doctors. These types of plans provide integrated care and focus on prevention and wellness by requiring that a primary care physician (PCP) be selected and referrals be required for visits to a specialist. The Princeton HMO Plan includes the Prescription Drug Plan.
Refer to Retiring from Princeton for related information, including retiree healthcare plan rates.
- Employee contributions are based on annual salary.
- Aetna HMO in-network providers only.
- In-network preventive services e.g. annual exams, colonoscopies, and mammograms, are covered at 100%.
- No annual deductibles; coverage begins immediately for all medical services.
- Once the out-of-pocket maximums (OPMs) are reached, services are covered at 100%.
- A primary care physician (PCP) must be selected from the provider network.
- A referral is required to see a specialist.
To maximize benefits and minimize costs, consider using the following providers and resources:
- Independent Radiology Centers and Independent Facilities for Outpatient Services
- Urgent Care Centers
- Health Advocate
- Teladoc Medical Experts
- Aetna’s Mobile App
- Centers for Excellence and Institutes of Quality
- Fertility & Family-Planning Benefits (Kindbody)
Mental Health Services
- Teladoc Behavioral Health
- Mental Health Navigator by Teladoc Medical Experts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) by Carebridge
- Inpathy, Aetna's in-network telemental health services provider (also known as Televideo): Call (800) 442-8938. Alternatively, call MDLive at (855) 824-2170 or visit the MDLive website. Visits are covered at the same cost as in-network mental health visits under the Princeton medical plan.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.