The Employee Child Care Assistance Program (ECCAP) provides assistance to eligible faculty and staff members to help meet the cost of child care for prekindergarten-aged children. Award amounts are based on prior year’s adjusted gross household income (AGI). Any pre-tax retirement contributions made in the prior year will be added to the employee's AGI when calculating award amounts.
Fiscal Year 2023
|Household Income||1st Child Receives||2nd Child Receives||3rd Child Receives|
|$80,000 and under||$6,500||$6,500||$6,500|
|$80,001 – $90,000||$5,500||$5,500||$5,500|
|$90,001 – $95,000||$4,500||$4,500||$4,500|
|$95,001 – $100,000||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500|
|$100,001 – $110,000||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
|$110,001 – $150,000||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
Fiscal Year 2023
- Total annual household income is less than $150,000
- Child must be in a pre-k program, attending day care, or have a nanny
- In order to be reimbursed, participants must provide proof of child care.
- Requirement to notify the Benefits Office if child care ends or tuition amount changes
- Only one award granted if both parents work at the University
Applicants must be benefit eligible faculty or staff. Individuals coded as a "no pay" status, visiting faculty, visiting academic professionals, and visiting fellows are not eligible.
Eligibility Requirement for Your Child
To be eligible for an ECCAP award, the child must be biological, legally adopted, stepchild, or legal ward.
The ECCAP runs on our fiscal year, July 1 through June 30 of the following year. To receive the full award, employees must reapply each year before July 1. Individuals who miss the deadline may apply any time, however, the award amount will be prorated based on the month of application. New hires should apply during their enrollment period to receive the maximum award allowable. All information submitted is confidential and will be used to only administer the ECCAP.
To apply for an ECCAP award:
- Log into HR Self Service
- Click on Benefits Details
- Click on Employee Child Care Assistance
- Click on Start a New Application
- Upload your previous year’s federal 1040 tax return or equivalent form
- Upload previous year’s W2s
- Upload a letter or current invoice from the day care showing child’s enrollment and monthly tuition amount
To be reimbursed, submit a letter from the child’s day care stating the child’s enrollment and their monthly tuition amount or complete an ECCAP Claim Form each month.
Day care letters or completed claim forms should be emailed to Benefits office or sent interoffice to Lynn Herbine, 100 Overlook Center, Suite 400, Princeton, NJ 08540. The deadline to submit claims for the current award year is July 31.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.