MetLife Legal Plans provides faculty and staff access to legal representation or advice to help with personal, confidential assistance for a wide range of legal services. Participation in this plan is voluntary.
- 14,000 network attorneys
- No copayments, claim forms, or usage limits in-network
- Coverage for out-of-network attorneys available
- Covered legal services include:
- Wills and estate planning
- Debt matters
- Defense of civil lawsuits
- Real estate matters
- Document review and preparation
- Traffic matters
- Adoption, guardianship, and juvenile matters
- Identity protection and credit monitoring
- New for 2023, the legal plan covers trusts, immigration issues, property tax assessments, and four hours of legal advice for certain non-covered services.
- Once enrolled, coverage may not be terminated mid-year.
- There are some excluded services, including, but not limited to, employment-related matters, divorce, and class action suits.
- Elder law matters are limited to consultation and document review.
The monthly cost for the plan is $12.80 and includes coverage for a spouse and/or eligible children, if applicable. Premiums are paid through after-tax payroll deductions.
All benefits-eligible employees.
Election of this benefit is available when hired or newly eligible or once-a-year during open enrollment each fall.
The legal services plan is administered by Winston Benefits, and the enrollment cannot be processed through HR Self Service. To enroll or learn more about this benefit, call (855) 393-3601, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Individuals can also enroll at www.myprincetonbenefits.com.
After enrollment, visit MetLife Legal Plans to sign in to the account or call (800) 821-6400.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.