Teladoc Medical Experts is a healthcare resource that provides confidential access to physical and mental health advice from the world’s leading physicians. This free program helps participants make informed healthcare decisions with greater confidence and ensures patients are getting the right care. Teladoc Medical Experts’ services are:
- In Depth Medical Review – Teladoc Medical Experts collects and reviews all medical records and information to provide a second opinion about test results, diagnosis, and treatment plan.
- Ask The Expert – Physicians give personalized guidance and information about any medical challenge or question participants face.
- Find a Doctor – Teladoc Medical Experts locates in-network doctors through its network of medical experts.
- Treatment Decision Support Program – Medical experts consult with and offer second opinions to participants considering hip, knee, or back surgery offer a $400 taxable cash incentive.
- Behavioral Health Navigator –Teladoc Medical Experts gives access to expert mental health support.
- Critical Care – Teladoc Medical Experts supports participants admitted to a hospital, emergency room, intensive care unit, or neonatal intensive care unit for an acute medical event by reviewing the case within 48 to 72 hours and sending a nurse to help coordinate care, if needed. Acute medical events include complications from the premature birth of a child, sepsis, severe burns, spinal cord and brain injuries, and traumas to multiple organs and/or body systems.
To use this benefit, call Teladoc Medical Experts at (800) 835-2362, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; visit Teladoc Medical Experts; or download the Teladoc Medical Experts Member App from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Behavioral Health Navigator
Teladoc Medical Experts Behavioral Health Navigator leverages a cross-functional team of leading psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers to help manage mental health. If the individual’s condition is not improving or the individual is unsure if the diagnosis and treatment plan are correct, Teladoc Medical Experts can provide an expert second opinion on diagnosis and an action plan to get participants on the path to wellness faster.
The Teladoc Medical Experts Behavioral Health Navigator's team take the time to listen to participants’ concerns and complete an in-depth review and assessment of the existing diagnosis and treatment plan while guiding individuals through the mental healthcare system to monitor progress. Teladoc Medical Experts can also help participants find a mental health provider who specializes in the specific condition.
Access this program by calling Teladoc Medical Experts at (800) 835-2362 or downloading the Teladoc Medical Experts app. Participants are connected to a behavioral health nurse assigned throughout the course of care.
- Benefits-eligible faculty and staff and eligible dependents do not need to be enrolled in a Princeton health plan to use Teladoc Medical Experts.
- The Treatment Decision Support Program is only available to benefits-eligible faculty and staff enrolled in a medical plan through PU. Retirees are not eligible for the Treatment Decision Support Program.
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff and eligible dependents have access to Teladoc Medical Experts at no cost, whether or not their health insurance is through Princeton. Eligible family members include spouses and children through the end of the year in which they turn 26. Retirees and dependents are eligible if enrolled in a Princeton retiree health plan.
If there are any discrepancies between the information in this publication, verbal representations, and the plan documents, the plan documents always govern. Although Princeton intends to continue these benefits, the University reserves the right to amend or terminate these plans at any time.